November 30, 2025, 1:09 AM
At least four people were killed and 10 others injured in a shooting Saturday evening at a banquet hall in Stockton, California, local officials said.
The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting occurred shortly before 6 p.m. in the 1900 block of Lucile Avenue. Heather Brent, a public information officer for the sheriff’s office, told reporters the incident unfolded while people were gathered for a family event and described the violence as “unfathomable.”
Victims range from juveniles to adults. Authorities provided no immediate update on the condition of those wounded but said several people were hospitalized. Early indications suggest the attack may have been targeted, though no suspect has been identified and no arrests have been made. “Our No. 1 priority right now is identifying the suspect in this incident,” Brent said.
Stockton Mayor Christina Fugazi, speaking at the scene, noted the shooting came just days after Thanksgiving and said families should be together instead of at hospitals praying for loved ones to survive. San Joaquin County District Attorney Ron Freitas called the incident “unthinkable” and said officials are working to bring the responsible individual to justice.
Federal agencies assisting in the investigation include the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The office of California Gov. Gavin Newsom said the governor had been briefed on the “horrific shooting.”
Stockton, a city of about 320,000 in central California, is roughly 45 miles south of Sacramento.
