Updated Nov. 30, 2025 — At least four people were killed and 10 others wounded in a shooting Saturday evening at a family gathering in Stockton, authorities said. The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office said the attack occurred around 6 p.m. Pacific at a banquet hall on the 1900 block of Lucile Avenue. Victims ranged from juveniles to adults, officials said.
Spokesperson Heather Brent said the suspect remained at large and there were no arrests. Brent described the event as a “family gathering” and said she could not confirm reports that it was a birthday party. Stockton Vice Mayor Jason Lee, posting on social media, said the shooting happened “at a child’s birthday party” and added, “[A] birthday party should never be a place where families fear for their lives.”
Brent said there were no immediate details on a suspect or motive, though early indications suggested the attack may have been targeted. The circumstances leading up to the shooting remained unclear.
Mayor Christina Fugazi called the violence “unacceptable,” saying, “Families should be together instead of at the hospital, standing next to their loved one, praying that they survive.” The office of California Gov. Gavin Newsom said he had been briefed on the incident.
The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office asked anyone with information, video or who witnessed any part of the event to contact investigators. No further details were released.
This is a developing story; updates will be provided as more information becomes available.