November 30, 2025 — At least four people were killed and 10 others wounded Saturday evening in a shooting at a banquet hall in Stockton, California, local officials said.
The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting happened shortly before 6 p.m. in the 1900 block of Lucile Avenue. Heather Brent, a public information officer for the sheriff’s office, told reporters the violence unfolded while people were gathered for a family event and called the incident “unfathomable.”
Victims range from juveniles to adults. Authorities did not immediately provide details on the condition of the wounded, but said several people were hospitalized.
Investigators said early indications suggest the attack may have been targeted. No suspect has been identified and no arrests had been made, and Brent said, “Our No. 1 priority right now is identifying the suspect in this incident.”
Stockton Mayor Christina Fugazi, speaking at the scene, noted the shooting occurred just days after Thanksgiving and said families should be together instead of at hospitals praying for loved ones to survive. San Joaquin County District Attorney Ron Freitas described the shooting as “unthinkable” and said officials are working to hold the responsible party accountable.
Federal agencies assisting the local investigation include the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The office of California Gov. Gavin Newsom said the governor had been briefed on the “horrific shooting.”
Stockton is a city of about 320,000 in central California, roughly 45 miles south of Sacramento. Local authorities continue to investigate and have urged anyone with information to come forward.